Friday, October 25, 2013

Elephant


I have picked up elephant as my subject for today's painting.

here is the photograph of the elephant that I referred.

















My aim was to get the exact replica of this elephant with correct body texture. 

I have used watercolor paints, black ink gel pen and color pencils to complete this sketch.


1. I started of with the sketch by drawing the ground line and decided the height and width of the elephant and then proceeded with the sketch, here is the completed sketch.

















2. Once the sketch was done, I painted the entire elephant with different shades of black, gray and blue.
















3. After that used black ink gel pen to draw the lines to get the texture and used gray and black color pencils to give the finishing touch.

















4. Finally finished the painting by giving a background using watercolor.


here is the finished painting.

























Now that when I compare my painting with the original photograph, I feel pretty much I have got the texture of the body, but my sketch should have been little better, especially the tummy should been little more bigger. Anyway, learning happens by identifying the mistakes and rectifying them in future.



No comments:

Post a Comment